Friday 31 October 2014

Underground Thoughts

Music is the only thing in my life that I can literally do forever, I can go an entire day without turning my music off because I have such a wide variety of songs in my life to choose from, literally thousands. My main love for music is for an independent rap label called Strange Music. Discovered my number one independent rapper on the planet “Tech N9ne” Their label alone has released over fifty albums since the year 2000 when it was created, now consists of 12 artists all together (14 in history).  And every single album and song tells an amazing story, and on top of the story it actually sounds so; good. Strange music literally changes my life every day; I am constantly up to date with every song, album, video, feature etc.  It’s my passion. It’s my biggest dream to one day wear one of the official strange music chains and become one of the strangers myself. They are truly a family and it’s the one thing I could see myself being happy doing for the rest of my life. You will see the logo and merchandise from their website almost anywhere I go because I am a huge supporter and I even communicate with these celebrities through the internet and they seriously respect their fans. They treat you like family just because you support them.  I am huge into the underground rap community. The fact is the best music comes from those who really struggle to make music underground. The music everyone listens to now of days is labeled “mainstream” or all the crap you hear on the radio.

When I say I love rap I don’t mean the thuggish banger gangster rap all the time, for the most part I really study deep into each and every lyric the artist has to say. Sometimes it takes fifty or more times to catch one clever metaphor or comparison that they slipped in the verse. The art of rap is a lot bigger than most think one rap artist I love is a kid that goes by “grieves” he isn’t much older than me and he has inspired me to write music a lot, mainly because he only speaks about his life and true things that are going on.  It takes true skill to be able to rhyme one word for an entire verse, but it’s possible and when you get it done you feel like a god. When you seriously sit down and write some of the cleverest text you have ever read yourself, that’s when you really feel like you have a chance.

I listen to all kinds of rap that actually has a point, if the artist only raps about money and girls and cars I am not interested at all, I find myself sucked into rap that has true meaning behind it. Also faster rap is kind of my thing, to rap in the first place is difficult, but to add sonic speed to your lyrics really takes natural skill, it’s not easy to just learn. I have been able to rap pretty quickly from the beginning, but every day I am practicing more and more until I am satisfied, which will never happen. To listen to the true art of rap, you need to listen to strange music and “Teambackpack.net” I discovered them about four or five years ago and I still have not seen everything they have to offer. Teambckpack.net is a cypher group that lets local rappers have their own shot at the mic, 90% of the time the stuff that gets played is 100 times better than this mainstream music everyone else listens to, if you truly appreciate the art of course. If you’re just in it for the beat and the chorus, you have no place in the rap community. I could ramble on about the topic for legitimately pages upon pages but the point I’m trying to make is, without music. Music is my only way of maintaining hope and courage. Without it I really don’t know what I would do.

I feel like these are songs you might actually enjoy and be able to get through, so if you can please take the time to really listen to these songs.
By Jesse Barnett


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlZDiztyxMI                                  http://teambackpack.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment