Friday 31 October 2014

Finding Our Courage Through Others

Being able to posses courage and hope throughout your life is one of the most significant abilities that a human can really have. There are definitely times in my life where I might have been able to show the slightest bit of courage, but the times where I wish I was able to show courage definitely out weigh the times that I have. So far, in the short 17 years I have lived the times I lack great amounts of courage is really the only thing that comes to mind. Every day I feel like no matter what I try to do throughout the day I'll fail at it. Everyday I contemplate the thought if I should really even try anymore. Everyday it is a constant battle trying to convince myself that maybe I can be good enough, smart enough, or even in good enough shape to try and conqure the day. Out of every single situation that life has thrown at me I think having to write about myself is definitely the most difficult thing I have ever encountered. It is really challenging to try to write and put thought into something that you really have no interest in, something that really doesn't matter to you that much.

The last three years of my life have definitely changed in the most positive way. Meeting my girlfriend has brought me to finally realize that life isn't all that bad. Whenever life throws something at me I just realize how lucky I am to already have my life planned out at the age of 17 and to actually be happy with who I get to spend my life with. Having the opportunity to find someone in my life that is so perfect to me is definitely the most ecstatic feeling that I have every experienced. Not only is she my girlfriend, but she is my best friend, and maybe one day I would be lucky enough for her to be my wife. Out of everyone in my life she is the only person who has ever been able to teach me to believe in myself and convince me that I am a better person than I think I am. She shows me so many things about myself that I am completely blind to. Without her I don't know if I would ever be able to find the courage to keep fighting all of the thoughts that my head is constantly swamped with every day. She shows me hope in myself that no one has every been able to show me.
By Nathan Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment