Friday 31 October 2014

Courage & Hope

I feel like music gives me courage and hope like if I’m having a bad day and I listen to some rap music I start to feel better because most of what they talk about applies to me the life style and everything just the feeling of knowing your not the only one. Music helps push me forward like Eminem, I have been listening to him for as long as I can remember you can tell that he’s not doing it simply for the money he’s doing it to get a message across to reach out to all of the burnouts and skids to show the less fortunate that they can achieve greatness. He has inspired me to do it myself and write my own lyrics, but to write them about something that has meaning, something that is from the soul. When I write about the struggles I have it makes me feel better almost like I’m expelling the bad thoughts and negative energy and putting it all on paper. Without rap in my life I don’t know where I would be.  I have always listened to rap since I was about five years old it’s always been who I am.  My style has always been baggy clothing and flat brim hats.  I was always the odd one out nobody liked me nobody wanted to be near me but I wasn’t changing for anyone they don’t know me or what I’ve been through; I’m glad I stuck with staying who I am because now I have friends that like me for me they don’t try to change me.  I feel like it took the most courage to say if you don’t like me f*** you because I don’t care and that’s what I live by everyday.

 By Cory Nobes


No comments:

Post a Comment