Friday 31 October 2014

I started working in the trades last year when I was 15. I started out as a welder; I had to build up my courage to take this job. There are many reasons why working in the trades takes courage and hope from someone my age, some of the reasons are: safety, being constantly focused, watching out for others, and just always hoping I’m not going to mess up on the job. I get so nervous when they tell me to do something for the first time because I really don’t want to look bad in front of all the people I work with. I feel a lot of pressure cause if I do make a mistake it costs a lot of time and money for the company I work for. I have built up my courage since then and now I am a little more confident in my work. I am also becoming more efficient and have moved on to electrician which I think takes more patience and being precise in my work and getting the job done the first time. Safety is a huge issue in working in a lot of the trades, but especially where I work. I am working around about one hundred people in one huge shop, so not only do I have to look out for my safety but I have to look out for everyone else’s safety around me. It takes courage to do my job to make sure I am doing it right the first time and as safe as possible for me and the people around me.

 By Eric Osejo


No comments:

Post a Comment