Friday 31 October 2014

Football

My favorite sport that I love to play is football, because it is a physical sport, fast, strong, and hard hitting. Football isn’t just an individual sport, it is a team sport. Teammates play for each other, and stick up for each other on the field. Football can be played at all ages; it starts from peewee, bantam, high school, college, and the pros. I started playing football in grade nine with the Cardston Cougars bantam team; I had a good year there but didn’t really get to play, the team and I made it to the championship game, but lost to Raymond Comets by a score of 35-14. At the end of the season I went on an exercising routine to get a little bit faster, and stronger, but just as my grade ten season was going to start I torn my hamstring and I was injured for the rest of the season. I was devastated because I was excited to play and I felt stronger and faster than my grade nine year, but because of my injury I had to quit the team the team at the end of the season. In grade eleven I came to Catholic Central High School to play football, it felt weird playing with a new team because I only knew two players on the team and the rest I didn’t, but throughout the season I made friends. I had a good grade eleven season, I played for the jv team, even though we lost all of our games I can say we gave every game 110% effort,  the team and I won zone banner against Medicine Hat, but lost in the semi-finals in the provincials. My senior football year is here and it is playoffs and the team and I are ready for a playoff run to the provincial finals.    
By Stephen Wadsworth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment