Thursday 30 October 2014

Filmmaking

         I am very passionate about filmmaking. Movies are something that make me very excited. Not just the movie itself, I mean like the whole movie making process. Movies have always been a big part of my life, in a big way! Whenever I was going through something bad in my life I would always watch a movie to distract my problems for an hour or two; I still had to face my problems eventually, but I would always be more clearly minded and make better with choices after watching a good flick. I want to be a filmmaker when I’m older, like a director because then I could make a movie for someone else to help get through their problems. The only challenge is that lots of people try to be filmmakers and they don’t really “make it” too often, it’s hard to make that job into a career. I still have this passion for movies though, every aspect of filmmaking makes me love it, whether it be: writing the story, creating the screenplay, editing the whole movie or helping with the special effects; I love it all and really wish to be in the movie making process sometime in my life. I stick with this passion because films can really teach you a lot in a somewhat small amount of time. For example, I recently went through a breakup and immediately after (when I was “heartbroken”) I watched my favorite movie of all time: Forrest Gump, and it distracted me from the break up for a while, because of the great story, and I was calm after it finished and learned to value the things you have after you lose something very important to you, that life keeps going and you have to face responsibility after a loss. (All that from a 2 hour movie)

Movies can teach you so much in a small period of time. When I watch a movie, I don’t just look at the movie, I try to understand the movie! I try and find a message or point behind it and see if it applies to my life and it can help out a lot when I don’t know what to do. I can just look at a meaning from something from a movie and use it and apply it to myself to better my life. A movie can really affect a person’s emotions too, like when you watch a football movie and you suddenly feel motivated after, or watching a horror movie and being scared and paranoid when it’s over. Movies can be used to make courage and hope as well. (Like I was saying before on how I try and apply a meaning from a movie into my life) I watch movies to encourage myself to do better, when I can relate to a movie I feel like I can relate and do the same thing (to an extent), lke standing up to a bully.  I get this emotion from a movie and I use the same emotion give myself courage in certain obstacle or challenge. When I watch a movie with a happy ending, I usually get a sense of hope like everything is going to go okay, no matter the situation, there always that aura of hope floating around when the credits start rolling.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment