Wednesday 15 June 2016

Being Lost

Everyone I know right now seems to have their whole lives figured out, what they want to be, where they want to go, who they want it to be with, while, I’m here completely clueless about everything. I have no idea what I want to be, or what school I want to go to. I don’t want to move away from my family, but I also don’t want to stay here. Everyone I’ve known who stays here after they finish high school, never end up leaving and I don’t want that to be me. My friends often talk about what they want to go to school for and what they want to be and all I can think about is how I do not know what I want to be by now. When family or anyone in general asks me about what I want to do with my life, I get bad anxiety and try to change the subject or just brush it off. I feel dumb not knowing, but I don’t want to start doing something and a couple of years later find out that I don’t even like what I picked. I don’t want to waste my time. I feel lost right now, but what has helped me keep going is hope. Hope that in my last year of high school, or sometime before I finish school, something will inspire me and I’ll figure out what is it I want to do or at least have the slightest clue. What gives me courage to keep going are my parents because no matter what obstacle come in their way, they always have found a solution to overcome it and that gives me courage to keep going.
-H


No comments:

Post a Comment