Wednesday 15 June 2016

Fear

My future is a scary thing. After high school I don’t know what I am going to do. I don’t have a desire to go to post secondary right away. It is scary that I am going to finish high school as a 17 year-old and basically become an adult. From that time on I have to work full time and start making a living for myself. I have to find a career that I can financially and mentally be stable in. Making money isn’t always the most important thing about your job. Being mentally stable is the most important. Why have a job that stresses you out and makes you want to pull your hair out? You shouldn’t see it as a job - it should be your passion. You should love what you do and enjoy going to work. It’s just scary that I’m going to have to find a “job” not something that I enjoy and want to do for the rest of my life.
I am vulnerable in that the “real world” might take me and eat me up. What I mean by that is, I am scared that I might not get to work where I want and that I won’t enjoy my life after. I am also invulnerable in lot of different ways. I don’t show emotion and don’t let a lot of people in my life.  
-By Cory Derksen

No comments:

Post a Comment