Tuesday 14 June 2016

Hope From Passion


I love playing golf, it is something I am very passionate about doing. There are many small things about golf that I love. I  love getting out at seven in the morning when the course is in perfect shape and no one is ahead of you. Some difficulties I endure with golf are losing confidence when I play one bad round. The way I get past this is by telling myself that I have done great things before and I am not going to let one bad round let me down. It is not just a coincidence that I got to where I am, so I just have to trust it and play well. Confidence is really just a combination of courage and hope. You need enough courage to tell yourself that you can do it and that you are better than you think you are. You need hope to keep you going and drive you to the next level. I truly believe hope and courage are what really drive people to make the really important decisions in their lives. Golf is all about having enough courage to pull off the tough shots needed to win big championships. When you watch the best of the best golfers play, their tournaments rounds are full of courageous shots. They don’t back away from anything and really show how mentally tough they are throughout the round, not getting distracted by anything anybody says or does. Once I develop that I know I will be great.
Here is a quick video of me taking a shot.
-By Darin Bertschi

No comments:

Post a Comment