Wednesday 15 June 2016

Changes

Sometimes in life, people struggle with figuring out what they want to do in their life, they struggle to figure out their purpose on this earth. All you should know is that every single person has a reason to be alive, and being born is the hardest part, you won the race, now it’s all up to you.

A couple of years ago, around the age of 14-16, I was at the lowest point in my life. To sum it up, I was hanging out with the wrong crowd, getting into trouble, treating my body terribly, always glued to the gaming stations or the television, and running around aimlessly with no goals for myself. During this time, I was lost in the mess of my life. I had no passion for anything. I would always use the excuse of not having a father figure as a way out.

During the summer months in between grade 10 & 11, I made one of the smartest decisions of my life. I smartened up and thought about where I would end up in a few years if I continued to do the things I was doing. By the time my grade 11 year began, I took it upon myself to start talking to a new group of people who I went to school with already, so they already knew me quite well. They knew about the things I used to do, but I suppose they knew that I wanted to change my life around for the better, and I am ever so grateful for that and for them.

Around this time, I began growing taller, but not any bigger. I reached about 5’8 after having a growth spurt. This caused me to become much skinnier, I was still only about 115lbs. I continued to treat my body poorly by eating foods that interfered with my Celiac Disease. I wouldn’t gain an ounce of weight from the food I ate as a result of my disease, but thankfully for my conscience stepping up, I realized that I couldn’t continue to do this to my body, and I started eating right. Around the end of grade 11, I began working out, and this was the best decision of my life. My mom ended up paying for a trainer to make me a workout plan, and a nutrition plan to gain weight. I studied different ways of working out, studied how to count macros, different muscles and how they work, etc. I basically made myself familiar with everything I would be doing. It took a lot of courage for me to go into the gym and workout with people who were much bigger than me because I always thought people would judge me, I was wrong.

What I learned from that is if I get knocked down 9 times, I will get back up 10 times. And if you get knocked down you must land on your back, because if you can look up, you can get up. I grew a passion for the gym after I became familiar with everything. I love going into the gym with a focus like no other. Instead of spending my money on things that harm my body, I now spend it on clean supplements to help my body grow, things like whey protein, creatine, BCAA’s, etc. The gym is my second home. It is where I can focus on myself and focus on becoming a better person. By this time, I have forgotten about my old self, and I now just worry about my new self. I love the feeling after a good workout, knowing that nothing but good things will come from it, and knowing that I’m another step ahead in chasing my dreams.

I chose this video to represent changing your lifestyle. I watch/listen to these videos daily because they keep me motivated.

-By Nathan Mihaichuk

No comments:

Post a Comment