Wednesday 17 January 2018

You're Beautiful


I was always afraid that I wasn't not good enough, I wasn’t cool enough to fit in with others. I always think  about things like: why am I in this generation where popularity is everything in everyone's lives? Popularity is something that can make you have friends in school. Schools are something that I was always afraid of since I would ask myself: what if I just can’t make friends, because I am not cool enough or people won’t like me because of the way I dress or my race? But everyone isn't born the same and everyone has their own imperfections. One day that those imperfections will make you a much better person, because those are the things that made you, you. I overcame that fear and accepted who I was, and now no one can tell me who I have to be. If you don’t like me because I’m different from you then that’s your problem not mine. I accept who I am because I am the only one of me, and no one else can be like me. I keep in mind every flaw I have and every imperfection can be turned into beauty. I remember that not everything in this world can be destructive, and sometimes those things can be turned into something more beautiful. This idea is just like a larva transforming into a beautiful butterfly; we can’t hide the butterfly in all its beauty and there will always be something imperfect that makes a butterfly more beautiful than anything else. Now, I will never be ashamed for who I am. I am proud of who I have become and who I am now. I hope that no one should ever be ashamed about their flaws because that’s what makes them a person beautiful.

-Griffin Rivera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehToBz7zhqE This is the song that inspired me to write this whole blog about flaws and imperfection, because everyone is perfect in their own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment