Wednesday 17 January 2018

What If...What If...What if I Am Smart?

``You can’t do it’’``This is so simple’’ ``You are useless’’ ``You are worthless’’``What are you gonna do after high school?’’ ``The way your going is gonna take you nowhere’’ ``You suck’’ ``Be quiet, you are talking too much’’``Quit your dreams’’ ``You are terrible’’

This is it, I’ve had enough. Why the f**k is music not going to take me anywhere? Why is it that my siblings have a future according to my parents, but I don’t?. Why is it that in today’s unfair society if you do not have post secondary education your only destination is either the streets or jail? Why is it that intelligence is measured only in what you show to people, but what if intelligent people keep their intelligence to them selves?

What if I am intelligent, but there is something in me preventing my intelligence from escaping. I am scared of having the potential which could be able to save or change a person's life... ``Sir we have found a treatment for you’’ but what if there is something pushing me back from doing it?``Would you like some fries with your order.’’


What if am actually SMART?

-Nicolas Hurtado

No comments:

Post a Comment