Wednesday 17 January 2018

Taking Risks

Courage and hope are significant in people's lives because they are what push people to experience new things and take risks. Sometimes you gotta take big risks for big rewards.

Between my grade 10 and 11 year I was faced with the dilemma on whether or not I would stay at CCH, where I would be way better off academically, or switch to KA where I would be able to play basketball with some of my best friends. I’m not really a person who gets afraid or nervous but when making the decision I was a lot of both. Things at CCH were pretty good, I had some of the best marks in my life and I really enjoyed the quarter system so that made my decision a lot harder because my chance at succeeding was far higher at CCH. Even though it seemed like a far better decision to stay at CCH, I still decided to go to KA to pursue at least one year of high school basketball. After making my decision the nerves kind of went away and I stopped worrying about it and even though my grades did drop and I got hit with a bunch of spares that put my credits at risk. I still feel that in the end I made the right decision by going there for a year because I got to play basketball like I wanted. Now I’m glad I was able to find the courage to move to another new school because it made my high school experience even better.

-Dallan Bowden

This is a video about incredible basketball motivation entitled "I Wanna Fly"


No comments:

Post a Comment