Wednesday 17 January 2018

Anxiety

The monsters in my life are the thoughts in my head that at times discourage me. My own worst enemy is myself. It is a monster to me because it can tear me down so effortlessly. The thoughts can creep up without warning and almost every time I get convinced to believe them. I struggle with anxiety and some days are harder than others. I have had anxiety pretty much my whole life, or for as long as I can remember. I used to think that I was the only one going through the things I do. I didn’t know what anxiety was or how it worked. I have been through quite the rocky journey and struggled quite a lot. I still struggle sometimes, but I have my good days as well. I have learned many ways to help with the debilitating symptoms that come with anxiety, but the one thing I still have a hard time with is the thoughts that anxiety brings. It’s a constant battle between the thoughts.



The things I have learned the most when it comes to dealing with the thoughts is telling myself that they are just thoughts and I don’t have to believe every one. An example of a thought that I’m sure everyone has is when you’re alone and you pass a group of people who laugh, and you start to worry that they are laughing at you. Anxiety gives me irrational thoughts like that all the time. “What if something happened to them because they aren’t answering”, or “what if I die tomorrow”. I’m sure everyone has those thoughts from time to time, but I have to deal with those thoughts for so many things everyday. It has gotten better and distracting myself helps too. Having anxiety actually encourages me to be the best I can be and finding ways to better myself everyday. I challenge myself everyday to come out of my comfort zone which helps me to challenge the anxiety as well.

-Cierra French
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vx8iUvfyCY This link shows a guided meditation that helps with over thinking. Meditation is a great way to calm anxiety and the mind and is one thing I use that has helped many times.


No comments:

Post a Comment