Wednesday 17 January 2018


I’ve met people who have monsters in their lives - these monsters were depression. I once had a girlfriend who had depression and she would always consider this as her monster because she would see and hear the monster and it would tell her to do things like harm herself. I was always there for her to fight her problems and make her happy because I knew if I kept her happy this monster wouldn’t come back to hurt her. I would go to bed  at 3 am on school nights so she could get sleep and I made sure she didn’t get hurt (she was home schooled). When she first told me about this she was scared to tell me because she didn’t know how I was going to react; I didn’t want to believe it because I didn’t want to fight someone else’s monsters when mine were winning the fight against me. Sometimes our monsters tell us what to do and we are too scared to fight them away, so we just listen to what they have to say and what they want us to do. Some people think that people are the monsters to themselves. When I faced her monsters I knew I was about to enter a fight that I thought I was never going to win, but I showed that I was not scared and I was willing to make her happy and to save her from these monsters, but sometimes I asked myself what if I am a part of her monster?   Sometimes it would get exhausting because I cared too much about her monsters and I paid very little attention to my own.


-Michael Amaya



This link is basically a link that tell us all the monster some of us are facing in our everyday lives and what to do to keep them away from bringing us down and taking control over our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment