Wednesday 17 January 2018

Doubt Your Doubts and Believe Your Beliefs


I feel as though the future is now. What am I supposed to prepare for if I have no idea what is coming? Voices in my head are telling me now that the pressure is on, to start figuring out my life and basically what I want to do for the rest of it. Doubts are impossible to ignore, but they help me realize that I cannot control everything. I have been through too much in my short 17 years to start doubting myself anytime soon. I know whatever comes my way I will be able to overcome.


Even though I don’t know where I’m headed in the future I keep my mind and heart open to every new opportunity and every new struggle. If we live out our lives in the constant fear of “what if” it creates a void in our minds that allows these negative "what ifs" to actually happen. By doing this we are only shutting down ourselves to the life we want and deserve. Don’t confuse having a career with having a life, although our teachers and parents might try to convince us otherwise because there is so much more to life than work.

As these last few months of high school approach I know this is only the beginning. Yes, of course the stress is here now, but we have to just keep reminding ourselves that it’s not always going to be like this. My education is important, but it does not define me, my marks will only take me so far. Show me the real life experiences, throw me to the wolves; I’m ready for this new chapter to begin. I have hope for the future because I will be who I am and I will not compromise on what I feel is right for me in my life.

I would encourage you to doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs, because doubt is not always a sign that you are wrong- it may be just a sign that you are thinking. And believe your beliefs because at the end of the day there are always going to be people who hold different beliefs and values aside from yours, but as long as you stay true to yourself, I’ve learned, that’s the only thing that matters.

-Amanda Fox

2Pac – Keep Ya Head Up Lyrics | Genius Lyrics --- (I chose this song mainly because of the hook,the rest of the song is still great though.)
[hook]   
Keep ya head up, ooh, child
Things are gonna get easier
Keep ya head up, ooh, child
Things’ll get brighter
Keep ya head up, ooh, child
Things are gonna get easier
Keep ya head up, ooh, child
Things will get brighter

No comments:

Post a Comment