Friday 1 April 2016

The Path I Follow


I’ve always had a dream to serve and protect my country whether it’s on the home front or overseas. The only problem was that I feared being away from my family for long periods of time or not coming home. As a seventeen year old boy it was a big decision for me to apply for the Canadian Armed Forces. In a short period of time I built up the courage to go down to the recruiting centre and sign myself over to the Canadian Army. The first thing my mom said to me was that she knew I would end up joining at some point in my life, being that at one point I wanted to be a police officer like my dad. In the end I know my parents love and support my decision. To me the Army is more than just a job, it’s an education and an opportunity to gain a perspective on life through seeing the world while picking up skills and serving our great nation. I believe those who serve our country are true heroes and I couldn’t ask for more from them. The military life isn’t built for everyone, but I know I am meant to go down this path and I hope this experience shapes me into a greater person every day. I’ve always been passionate towards an occupation where I get the opportunity to protect and serve. Sometimes I get stressed out and worry about the decisions I make in life, but I believe it’s only my mind tricking me into doubting what I believe in. I am my greatest critic, but I know I’ve found my calling no matter what anyone else says; I am truly proud of the path I follow.

http://cdn.forces.ca/_VIDEOS2010/dnd_travel_adventure_en.mp4

-By Jordan Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment