Monday 4 April 2016


Not long ago I was stuck.  Everyday appeared to be the same to me and it had felt as if I lost who I was.  I wondered if I would ever be able to find myself again, until one day I told myself "no".  I said, "I’m not going to be like this; this is not how I wanted my life to end up. It wasn’t supposed to look like this."  Not that day at least.  It was feelings of betrayal and hurt that I had.  That day was special, it was hard, but it was very significant to me.  So, as the expression goes, I grew a pair and turned my life all around and starting doing things for me more rather than for others.  I did embrace what brought joy to my life and confronted things that didn’t.  No longer would I feel useless or unwanted. I took a stand to the inner demons and anxiety that I had and fought long and hard to get them out.  I forget how I let them in in the first place.  I found a map that day, one that would lead me through life, and that map was called confidence. No longer would I go down the wrong path.



-By Emma Oriold-Marek

No comments:

Post a Comment