Tuesday 5 April 2016

"Boxed" In

Have you ever felt like you’re inside of a small box, just feeling like you are small and scared, and not wanting or able to do anything about it?  Consider how delicate most things are in life and think about boxing up all of the delicate things, to keep these safe.  You may believe that boxing some parts of your life to keep them sealed away is best, but it is better to keep them out and in your life.  I believe keeping things out brought me to meet the people in my life which recently brought me to the things I love, and they have helped me to become the person I am today.

My personality and the culture of my life are partly made of my personal preferences.  For example,   I have a love for Ferrari which is an exotic vehicle company out of Italy.  It is a big thing for me because I feel very connected to the company and its past story of creation.  I want to be a part of Ferrari; I love how the creator, a simple mechanic, saw a vision for what he wanted in life and he turned it into reality.  I do appreciate how all my friends and family appear to support my choice in life, to be a mechanic like Ferrari. 


While fifty years ago Ferrari was a little known name, now with social media, it is known all over the world.  While I would love to work for Ferrari as a mechanic, I worry that social media holds my life in its palm; how will I ever become a part of something so big and well known?

In the past I have felt loneliness and a lack of support, but now I just feel grateful that I can understand that I still, and have always had my family and friends there behind me and to support me during important times.  I know that for my future I will need to have great mental strength to achieve my dreams, and I know that my support system can help me get there.

This song is related to my blog in that most of my childhood I felt like I was stuck in a box and could never find the way to open it; this is the one area I have so many problems with.  I know and believe this photo to be of big significance to my blog for the same reason, as the song I choose which is that  I have to rely on others to take me out of my head and bring me to new things.  
      

-By Tanner Aubin

No comments:

Post a Comment