Friday 1 April 2016

 
During my childhood, I had many monsters during that time while I was growing up. For me the monster were the fear of not fitting in, the bullies in my class and the fear of losing my superhero. The man who was my superhero who helped shape me into a young man was my grandpa. He was a great man, and he was always there for me to cheer me up whether that was making me laugh to block the steady stream of tears coming falling from my eyes, or to give me courage and strength when I thought everything was falling apart. He always knew how to cheer me up. When I figured out that he was drinking and had become an alcoholic it hit me like a brick wall. The reason why he was so good at cheering me up and why he would always be there for me is because he didn’t want what happened to him to happen to me.  He also needed some way to get rid of the urge to drink, so I was my superhero’s superhero. However, one day the urge was too much for him to handle and he drank himself to death. I loved him more than anything, his death was the hardest thing I have ever been through, he was my superhero and I was his.  His death didn’t bring me to tears because I realized that I now had to be a superhero for my dad because he had just lost his. 

https://margiewarrell.com/how-powerful-are-you/ 

-By Dustin Kaminski

 

No comments:

Post a Comment