Monday 21 January 2019

To Overcome Our Fears

When I was a little kid I was terrified of roller coasters. I would not get on them and just the thought of them freaked me out. Then eventually my parents convinced me to get on one and ever since then I couldn’t wait to ride them again. Then I realized that fear was the only thing that was holding me back from experiencing the fun I had been missing out on. Fear is the thing that dominates us and holds us back from achieving our true potential, whether that's something you’ve always wanted to try or the career you’ve always dreamed of having. Sometimes we just have to overcome our fears and follow our dreams. I always used to fear the thought of failing and if I was really choosing the right career path, but then I realized that I’m going to fail no matter what I do and that’s okay, because if you don’t fail you can’t learn and better yourself. Just like Elon Musk once said: “It’s only a failure if you don’t learn anything from it”. Failure is something that we should should embrace rather than fear. This is why it’s important to follow your dreams and never give up because you feel as if it won't work out or things get too difficult, but in reality life isn’t always easy and sometimes you just have to have the courage to overcome the difficulties life will throw your way. If you are truly passionate about something you will not give up, and you should never give up on your dreams because they are the true key to happiness. In my opinion you're not successful if you aren't truly happy and passionate about what you do.      


I chose this link because it describes the things that most people allow to set them back and some of the issues I know have set me back at one point or another.


-Ethan Bourgeois

No comments:

Post a Comment