Tuesday 22 January 2019

The Masks We Wear

Why do we wear a mask? Maybe because we are afraid of what society will think of our true selves. Society has taught us that to be vulnerable is to be weak, but this is not true. When we remove the masks we begin to feel a true sense of purpose and gain the courage to say “this is who I am if you don’t like me for who I am then deal with it because I am not gonna change for anyone.” We wear these masks in hope for acceptance from society because we are told that only cowards are vulnerable not the strong, but it actually is the other way around it is the strong who are vulnerable and the weak who hide their weaknesses. When we make a mistake is is our true selves that get blamed not the mask because we become the mask and when this happens reality will hit you like a .50 caliber bullet in the chest (which will hurt a lot) when your mask is removed. But when it is gone you will be able to feel true hope and gain true courage which one lacks when one is wearing a mask because fantasy and reality never mix. I remember removing my mask and it did hurt and was kind of a wake up call for my true self and a challenge because of people who tried to force the mask back on.

The link below tells how one can be one step closer to happiness
When one removes that mask and shows their true colors.  


-Liam Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment