Monday 21 January 2019

Knowing


Passion is something we all need in order to keep going in life. For me, my passions or things I consider most sacred are my family, friends, culture and education. My family and friends are the reason why I am who I am to this day. They help me through hard times and remind me of who I am in case I may have forgotten. My culture is something I am also very passionate about because it is a big part of who I am, and who my people are. When I am attending or helping out at a ceremony or at the Sundance, that is when I really feel at home. People like to be racist towards my culture and my people which is something  we -as in my people- struggle with. Education is something we stress on our youth because in today's society, education is power and that's what we need to succeed.

My family and friends give me the passion and courage to move further and continue my education. They remind me of what I am capable of and what education can do for me and my people in the long run. My people have always been the reason why I try as hard as I can because I know we are more capable than we are seen to be. Just knowing what or who you are passionate about, helps drive you to places you wouldn’t have gone to on your own. Passion gives us the hope and courage we need in order to make help ourselves see who we really are and what we are capable of. All we need is to know what or who does that for us.

"The Power of Passion| article.

-Nola Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment