Monday 21 January 2019

My Flaws and Passion


I still remember that day when my friend stared at me and she said, “Your eyes are small.” That was the first time I realized that I might not look good enough, and I started to care about what other people think about my exterior. I started to lose weight, do my makeup, and even got a cosmetic surgery when I was 16, because I wanted to use those tools to hide my imperfections. However, every time when others complimented my looks, I didn’t think those compliments for me, because all my beauty is artificial. As time passed by and I’m grew up, I recognized that everyone is beautiful in their own way, and nobody’s perfect. In the process of discovering my own beauty, I found my passion in makeup. I love to make myself look better, and I have a sense of achievement every time I see the transformation happening on my face. My definition of passion, is “something I would love to do every single day”, and I believe that I have passion in makeup artistry. Once I found the direction, my view of my future is not blurry anymore, it became more and more clear, because my passion is motivating me to move forward. I have no regrets for every decision I made, although in hindsight that surgery now seems unnecessary. Every move I made, helped me regain my confidence, and helped me find my passion, but most importantly, I learned how to accept my flaws and vulnerability.

"Scars to Your Beautiful" is a song I was listening to. The lyrics encouraged me and it helped me went through that period of time.

-Bella (Jiajie) He

No comments:

Post a Comment