Monday 21 January 2019

Passion and Courage

The passion I have for basketball is what motivates me. I believe that I can excel in anything if I can play my favourite sport in the process. If you have something that drives and motivates you, then keep it. This is a trait/skill that you would want to keep for the rest of your life because it helps you improve yourself. Ever since I held a basketball in my hand in grade seven, I started to motivate myself to get better each day and I put in the work and time to do so. It took six years for me to get this good and to be able to play for an amazing sports program at Catholic Central High School. The people around me and the sport have influenced life since grade seven in such a positive way. I've met tons of new people through the sport, who still encourage me to get better. These are people who have trained me, been my coach, or people that I play basketball with, that have made me successful to this day. I wouldn’t be at this level without them in my life, encouraging me to want something better. The next chapter in my life that I am hoping for, is to play post-secondary basketball and even acquire more knowledge and skills about the game I worship so much. If you have something that motivates you to do your best everyday and you are willing to improve yourself for the greater good then keep that something close to your heart and someday you will achieve greatness.

In the photo, I can say that this was the best year I had in basketball. I won awards, met new people and can say that I definitely got better. I was selected to play in the all-star game before zones started and at the time, I felt so accomplished due to the fact that I improved greatly. Players and coaches on different teams started to recognize who I was and how good I was. I would say I’m always going to love basketball until I die.

-Nate Moreira

No comments:

Post a Comment