Thursday 1 November 2018

The Monsters of Being on the Field


The biggest monster  that I have is every Friday night, as I strap on my helmet. Every time I put on my helmet one thought races through my mind: will this be my last game, or my last play? That thought goes through my head because every time I step on the field anything can happen to me that will never let me step foot on the field again. I could get an injury that will change my life forever, or maybe I won't have the grades that will let me go on to post secondary. Thankfully, as I take that second step and I’m in between the lines that thought gets chased away. I start thinking of what I need to do to help my team win and how I need to play the best so I am able to go on and keep playing the game that I love. Football is my passion, It’s the only thing I love to do. It lets me meet new people, I get to work out and stay in perfect shape. I understand the game of football, it’s almost the one thing in life that I get and am good at. I can learn a new playbook in two days. I can learn every position on the field in 4-5 days, and almost know what they do on most plays. Coach Vercillo once said, “ football is just like life just put into a game”. I hope that football can take me to new places and help pay for school. Football has helped me in so many different ways that people don’t understand. Football is the reason why I go to school everyday, it’s the reason why I don’t skip class, and it has helped me to stay out of trouble. It takes courage to play football; we have to get hit for three hours everyday during practice, then on Friday we have to do what we learned all week and on Friday night when the lights are on us we have to line up against the other team and risk our bodies for our brothers who are doing the same for us.


-Cody Harper
NFL Countdown "Fear"

No comments:

Post a Comment