Thursday 1 November 2018

I would say in general I’m a pretty open person. When I have a problem I usually address it, but the one thing that I do hide is that I’m really scared of failing. I can hide that pretty well because I am an extrovert and I’m a pretty outgoing, and happy person. However, the fear that I have of not being good enough has put me in bad spots. For example, in school I have always had the mindset that I’m not good or smart enough to get good marks, so I shouldn’t try. I have gotten past that mindset somewhat, but not completely. I still get stressed by big assignments and tests. My first reaction is to not do it and leave it to the last second; I can be overwhelmed pretty easily so I do even worse in school. I have been through really good and productive days to days were I don’t do a lot. I hope that I will be able to be on the ball all the time and actually complete things on time. I just need to tell myself that I am capable of doing things and don’t need to overthink them. I need to have the courage to tackle a situation and not run away from and wait for someone to come deal with it for me.      

-Abigail Llewelyn-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment