Thursday 1 November 2018

Follow Your Dreams


See the source imageWhen it comes to school work I have always been a huge procrastinator because it was so difficult for me and took so much time. I would always rather be listening to music, dancing or hanging out with my family. Growing up with my brothers and sisters I always felt a little bit of pressure. When my siblings went to school, they got straight A’s and took all dash one classes. For me it was different, school was very hard and I would be lucky if I achieved a 70% on a test. This has always made me doubt myself and believe I could not do it. Now that I am coming to the end of my high school years, I worry that I won’t be able to do the things I want in the future. The career I would like to attain is either an LPN nurse or an ultrasound tech, with those I will need higher marks to be accepted into the programs. There is an option for me to complete upgrading at the Lethbridge College in hopes that I will achieve the mark I need and be accepted into the program I choose. So, it is time for me to stop procrastinating, to take charge and be responsible enough to not shy away from things just because they are difficult. Instead, I need to rise to the occasion and put my best effort in. I have found a couple of quotes that I will try to always remember to live by. The first is by Steve Jobs who said, “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith” The other quote is from Albert Einstein he says, “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things”. This last quote rings true with the new world of social media and the way things have changed over the years.

-By Tavia Goebelhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment