Thursday 1 November 2018

Take a Risk and One Day You Will Succeed

See the source imageWhen you have the courage to take a risk you are more likely to succeed at something you love. If you love what you do, you work ten times harder to get better and go higher in the profession or sport you love. You wake up excited to do what you love to do. If you hate going to work or hate something that you are forced to do, you slack off and do a poor job. For me, I love doing sports, especially hockey. I love to wake up every morning excited to go to the rink and I always try to get better in order to achieve the next level. If I hated the sport and was forced into something I didn't love I simply wouldn’t try and therefore wouldn’t succeed. Elite athletes all over the world have the courage to leave home at a young age to try to become successful in their chosen sport. For me, I haven't left home yet, but next year I hope to go out of province to pursue hockey and hopefully one day play in Division 1. Some people are scared of a challenge, but that's when I thrive. I need a challenge to make me love it, if it was easy everyone would be successful and hard work wouldn’t pay off. It is proven that hard work pays off and some people are scared of putting in the effort.

My pursuit of hockey has required me to do off season training. This summer my dead lift max was 275 pounds and my goal was to work extremely hard to dead lift 415 pounds by the end of the summer.  Dedicated to working hard, I achieved that goal. I always had the courage and never gave up. Some people are scared of working that hard because it is too tough for them. I love the process of pursuing a goal. I love the feeling that I accomplished something that very few kids my age do. Other people might not set their goals the same way I do, but I know when you have courage and dedication you can thrive at whatever you choose.  While some may be scared of taking on this type of weight lifting challenge because they might be sore the next day or that they don't want to wake up at 5am four to five times a week to go to the gym, I know that hard work pays off. If you don’t have the courage you won't thrive in a sport that many people love. It is proven that the people who work the hardest are more likely to achieve their goals.
-Tyler Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment