Wednesday 2 November 2016

For Fun

As my father and I lined up to race in the 2000m obstacle course I was happy I was finally turning seven and could do the obstacle course, as it was a dream of mine. I lined up against all of the other kids in this obstacle course. As the gun goes off we all take off at a full sprint, and I reach my first obstacle, its a single handed monkey bar over top of mud and the bars covered about 30 meters. I leaped and started my way as I swung across the bars. Looking down into the deep mud I started to doubt myself as if I were facing gravity against me and so I fell. I looked up and saw all the other kids passing and looking down at me. I start to get up and head to get out of this pit of mud, but it was up to my waist, but I hear my father shouting go go! I’m finally back on land, but trenched in mud. I had to run 470m to my next obstacle that was a huge wall we’d have to climb. It looked so tall that I couldn’t see it all, it must of been twice or more the size of my father and he's about good 6 feet tall. Finally, as I got over the wall I got myself into 7th place out of 20. Next, I’m army crawling through the dirt as there is a net over top of me not allowing me to to do any other action, but crawling. Finally, the net ended and I can stand. I go into full sprint passing 3 others it's about 750m to the end of this obstacle race course, so I start to give everything I have I’ve got about 100m left. At this point it’s another guy and me left, but my legs start to give and I trip and he takes the victory, but I wasn't mad I got 2nd because even though I didn't win I was just trying this out for fun.

-By Gopi Parmar

No comments:

Post a Comment