Tuesday 1 November 2016

From Stranger to Hero


My hero is a man named Leon Ebright. He was was a youth worker at first then he was my mentor then he was a member of the family. I first meet him in grade 4, and when I first saw him thought he was just going to be like the others, here for the money not much else. The first few weeks I was pretty indifferent to him and our talks didn’t seem like much, but now I look back and I see just how much he helped me. I now have an unbelievable amount of respect for that great man who helped change my life and years later still takes the time to ask me how I am doing. He helped me through hard times like when my parents were drinking in the back room (they don’t any more and haven’t for years), or when i was bullied in school, or when i was struggling with my grades. I could tell him things that I just couldn’t tell my parents and he help me through it all. He is my hero.

-By Richard L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4E7uiFn_4Y&feature=youtu.be
This song mirrors my situation - an average guy who has made a huge impact on someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment