Tuesday 20 June 2017


When I was little I was told I was too small, skinny, or didn't have the will to play sports. I found this to be true because I had tried other sports before, I was told I couldn't and failed. I basically didn't really do anything all of my childhood, because of these discouragements, so my childhood had very little meaning to it. Grade 7 was when everything changed. Gymnastics became an everyday occurrence and completely changed me. Being a gymnast changed me; it made me not give up on everything I did, and persevering became a norm. I guess that's what 18 hours of training will do to you. After a few years of being a gymnast I joined football. Football probably had the biggest impact on me cause I learned about brotherhood. Football showed me the value of others and what we are willing to do for the person next to you. I truly believe that sport, and physical activity can make a life changing impact on the young people of tomorrow. Sport gave me hope,and courage, the hope to keep going, and the courage to start in the first place. Sports changed my life, and made me who I am.

-By Jordan Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment