Saturday 10 June 2017

It's Magic

I have never thought about things I am passionate about. The only thing that springs to mind is a trading card game called Magic the Gathering. It is a strategy game with a fantasy twist to it. Magic can be played by two players in various formats, the most common of which uses a deck of 60+ cards. It is a very hard game to become a pro at. I have been playing for almost 5 years now and am not even close to becoming pro at Magic. About 3 and half years back I heard of a tournament called the Pro Tour. It is one of the biggest Magic tournaments in the world. First place prize is        50 000 U.S dollars. The top matches at the Pro Tour are steamed live on Twitch and YouTube.

 I would love to go to the Pro Tour, but I have never tried. It is very hard to qualify for the Pro Tour. I get nervous just thinking about it. I have never had the courage to try. It is one of the few things I am passionate about and I can’t go all the way with it. If I can’t find the courage to do something I am passionate about then what happens when I face a challenge I don’t like?  Is it the other way around?  Maybe it’s hard to do because I do care about this, like an artist showing off this work. If I did good in any of the big tournaments hundreds of thousands would see me. I always have had stage fright. I have thought about giving up hope on trying to get into the Pro Tour, but if Mrs. Gardner's English 30-2 class has taught me anything it’s not to give up hope, because hope is essential to overcome the changes in your life.  I'm not letting anything stop me from perusing my passion. 

-By Draydin Kowal


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0lMcAdXopg
This is a link to explain the feel and idea of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment