Saturday 10 June 2017

That One Person

As human beings, people need to know that they are not alone because without family members, the amount of support and love you receive is altered.  As a young man I believe that role models and inspirational figures are important, and in my life I would have to say that one person is my mother. Personally she will always be a saint, the amount of courage and hope she has shown over the years is, and continues to, drastically influenced my perception in life.

I remember being a child and having bad dreams. The amount of effort it took for her to deal with that was substantial - getting up at random times at night, running to come make sure everything was alright. This not only showed me the discipline of getting up when I need to, but the lessons of patience, kindheartedness and responsibility all tied together.  She would stick it out with me until the “fight” was over, or the dream had ended. There are super heroes all around us and just because they don’t have a costume, or cape, doesn’t mean that they haven’t done something for another person “in need”.


It takes allot of discipline and strength to raise a child. One day I’m sure I will have to do the same for mine, but it blows my mind how hopeful and courageous she is. Words cannot explain the amount of things in life that she has taught me, but I know one thing for sure, along with the mind power to strive even when life puts you down, you must stand back up!

-By Mathieu Boucher

No comments:

Post a Comment