Tuesday 20 June 2017

Leaving Home

My life has been reflected off my experiences and I have bettered myself for everything that has happened in the past. I look back on my life and I see the obstacles I have dodged. One of the the many obstacles I dodged was moving to Lethbridge and leaving my old life for a new one and the reason I chose this is because it was one of my life's harder obstacles.

When I first moved to Lethbridge I had no idea who anyone was and was feeling out of place everywhere I went. I had no one to talk to for about the first two weeks. I wasn't really well known till I started hanging out with the hockey kids and some kids in my class, and that started to make my new life not look as bad as I thought it was set out to be. It was hard to leave my old farm for this new home in the big city, but I knew that my quiet voice would mean little in my family being that I’m the youngest. I would always have something to do when I lived on the farm, there were always dirt bikes to ride, guns to shoot, and some hockey sticks to play puck with. I would never get bored of things unless I wanted to go into town to hangout with friends, but I would still choose the farm over a city. I was able to get over the farm in time, but it was still difficult emotionally and mentally. I was able to get over it because I have came to a conclusion that I would rather live in a well known city than be a farm kid.

-By Eric Brewin

No comments:

Post a Comment