Sunday 18 June 2017

Hello Old Friend

I have faced a lot of struggles and difficulties in my life that have caused me to be in so much pain. A pain that I wish I had never felt, a pain that has messed up my head in the morning and especially at night. All these aches that I feel in every part of my body, reflects my past. The most pain I have felt is losing most of my friends, and certainly a friendship that I thought would last for a long time. Usually during school or even outside the school, we would always get together and hangout, this is the environment that I got used to. One by one they all disappeared, one by one they left without saying goodbye, and one by one they found new friends, until I was the only one standing in the same place, a place where our friendship started. Waiting in the same place, wishing, hoping that they would come back to the person that they have left behind. Searching for them one by one, and trying to fix everything to bring back the old friendship that we once all had. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained. They one by one shattered me into pieces, like a glass that they smashed and broke into fragments.  Without looking back nor caring, they left me behind crushed and hurt. I am a piece of glass that I wish I could fix and put all back together to look new and unbreakable, but I can only do that in my mind, my imagination. Once you’re broken you’ll feel pain, and eventually it will lead to scars, scars that you can no longer remove from your body. It will be forever with you in every journey you take. Behind my tears and behind the pain I'm still hoping that in the end I will have a smile, and hope and courage. I know at this age I have to go through this torment just to be strong, happy, wise and responsible in the future. We may want to get rid of our past, but we simply can’t, instead we should look back on the memories we had with the people that used to matter to us, or maybe they still matter to us today. I’m not sad or mad, well I was but I got over that. I am very happy I have met a group friends like them because they all have given me lessons. I cherished all the laughter and memories that we all built. Until we all meet again, friends. 

-By C.T

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/10/friend-breakup-stories_n_3417347.html
Here is a link to other people's stories that are similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment