Saturday 10 June 2017

It Can Only Get Better

Last February was a really difficult time.  The passing of my grandma was really hard to get over.  She was my best friend and my role model.  I looked up to her for advice and guidance.  I will always remember the times we cherished especially watching the Jays Game and her saying “Let’s play ball.”  My life changed so much after finding out she had left me for good.  Growing up as a kid I never had any worries about life because she was by my side.  I’d constantly think to myself that life could only be so much more enjoyable as years passed. Nevertheless, it really was not.


Ever since that date, that tragic date, I have not felt like myself. I struggle to feel like I have a place in society and I constantly put myself down.  I’m always worried about a lot of things because I feel like I get judged on the way I dress, how I do my hair, whether I wear makeup or not, the way I act and all the little things like that.  An increasingly amount of darkness has overtaken my life and I just can’t seem to find any light to make it better.  The only time I really feel myself is when I am around my close friends and I consider those people family because they really are.  Whenever I’m just sitting out on the front porch or just in my bedroom I get a feeling and it’s not a good feeling.  I have these weird thoughts that go through my head and they stop me from achieving the things I want to do.   It makes me feel like I am trapped and I have no way out.  I feel as if courage and hope really help everybody out with the hardships in their life.  I know I struggled to believe in myself and now I finally feel like things are looking up for me.  Family is the most important thing to me and I strongly feel like I can do anything I set my mind to, I've just got to believe in myself!

-By Brooke McGinnis

No comments:

Post a Comment