Saturday 13 June 2015

Being Vulnerable

What vulnerability in your life do you embrace? The vulnerability that I embrace is that I’ve come to the realization that I am by no means perfect. I have accepted that never in my life will I ever be the “perfect” human that some believe the human race is able to achieve.  I, on the other hand, think quite differently than this. I recall experiences in my life where there were lots of people trying to tell how to behave and telling me that I must act like everyone else. I was very young at the time, so what did I know?  Nothing.  I knew nothing and it was because I started at nothing that I drifted away from the rest as each person does in life. Just think for a second what it would be like if everyone you locked eyes with was identical to you. What I believe is that making mistakes brings uniqueness to us all, but how can we make mistakes if we are perfect?   And if we are perfect then there wouldn’t be many things in this world that we would truly enjoy. Think for a second what being perfect means, it means being efficient and in order to be efficient we must get rid of the things that are slowing us down. For me that means that one of the first things to disappear would be human emotion. I mean what need is there for human emotion right?  Well, as it turns out it gives a person’s life a factor that others may or may not share. What I mean by this is that without this factor we are just drones looking for the perfect way of life. As a kid I was rather violent, but that was because I didn’t know any emotions that brought joy, I was only able to hurt and to be hurt. So what happened is that I was put on medication for the behavior, and one day I took double the amount that I was supposed to ingest; I became a lifeless drone only able to follow simple orders. I couldn’t think, nor could I feel any kind of emotion good or bad and at times I couldn’t speak because I wasn’t able to form the words needed, I would just nod. To me that is what life will become if we do become perfect, but I believe the human race is unable to become this because we feel. We laugh and sometimes we cry, we get angry at the world cursing our existence  and sometimes we are up and about laughing with joy and blessing  this world we are on. It could happen all in the same day and that is what makes life human. To me humans are a portrait of emotion that can never be replaced or copied. Each piece brings something new and different to the table, so that we can never expect how it came to be. So all in all being vulnerable is what makes us as humans so great.         

-By Tyler Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment