Saturday 13 June 2015

Broken Sticks

It’s hard to choose between the life choices I want and the life choices others want me to choose. Personally I love music.  I’ve been drumming for almost 10 years and I’m starting to wonder where it’s taking me. I think it’s taking me to a career and to become famous and reach out to people with my music. I’ve been told time and time again that it’s a one in a million chance I will become famous and make a successful career out of travelling and it only happens to the few or the lucky. So, I have to keep hope if I want to continue on anywhere. If I want to keep the motivation to keep playing and keep bettering my skills I need to keep hope that I’m going somewhere with my music. I’m not saying I’m going to drop everything else and focus only on music, but I’m not going to let other people’s opinion of what it takes to be successful crush my dream. I feel like it’s always been my place to prove everyone wrong about the things they think I’m doing wrong with my life. I will admit not everything I do is smart or looked upon as acceptable, but the things I can stand up for myself with I will surely do, like tattoos. My parents think me getting tattoos is a terrible idea and I’ll never get a successful job with tattoos, but I feel strongly that it’s the way I want to express myself. The bottom line is it takes a lot of hope and courage to choose between what makes you happy and what others think will make you happy, but no matter what way you choose, your happiness needs to come first. 
-By Kyle Sanford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk&feature=youtu.be
When I know how to play this song correctly, that is when I will know that I am 
where I am meant to be as a drummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment