Saturday 13 June 2015

Hope

When the whole world says give up, hope whispers and tell us ‘try it one more time’. That’s what we call hope.  In our lives we need hope otherwise we will not be able to reach our life goals.  Also, hope offers the possibility of survival.  Hope gives us a new life with new hopes and new targets. I believe we should have some hope even if we think it’s not going to happen because I do believe in miracles.

As teenagers we all need hope. When I was small I wanted to be a doctor or a teacher. That’s our beginning. We all have  huge hopes like this to be an engineer, doctor, teacher, a mother, or a father. When I was small I thought that to be a doctor was so easy.  I thought it was just keeping a stethoscope and writing some medicine on a paper, but as I grow up I realize that it's not easy, and it's not all about a stethoscope and a prescription, it's way more than that.  As we grow up we need to change our hopes and we need to be realistic and hope helps us to find our self.  I gave up on the idea of being a doctor, but it gave me a new hope to be a graphic designer. That’s my new hope and I know what I need to do to be a graphic designer; I know the path to go on. Hope always give us determination and courage.


Hope is not all about our life goals; it’s also about our survival. It helps for our day to day activities too. For example, early in the morning I have to wake up in order to go to school. Imagine... it’s a rainy day and I’m too lazy to wake up and my mind says to stay home and sleep more, but hope whispers to me, ‘Wake up! Wake up! You have to stay at class, you are not going to gain anything by sleeping. Wake up!’ Hope always encourages us. That’s why I keep saying that we need to have hope. Not just one hope, we should have thousands of hopes; if plan ``A`` didn’t work we can try the plan`` B``.

-By Saveesha Liyanage 

No comments:

Post a Comment