Saturday 13 June 2015

The Monster Within Myself

Throughout my life, growing up I had to overcome many challenges and obstacles. My parents divorced when I was six years old and ever since then I had to face several challenges. I got bullied, I lost family members, I moved with my aunt and lived without my parents or siblings around. I developed many insecurities and lost all hope and courage in my life. For a period of time I was in a constant battle with myself; the monsters within me took over and always told me I wasn’t good enough. There was mornings I would wake up and wish that I hadn't, I would isolate myself and not want to be around people. I always wanted to be alone, but at the same time I hated being alone. I always wondered why these monsters always attacked me until I found out that depression was the answer. Depression had made me lose all hope that things would get better, that everything would be okay. I had no courage to get up in the mornings and face humanity, but I had to. I was my worst enemy and time and time again those monsters would try and enter my life. My family and friends helped me get rid of these horrible attacks and helped me overcome this dark stage in my life. I can admit that I am still my worst critic, but I am able to still feel pride in myself. It took a while to feel normal, but without the help and support from my family, I would probably still have these monsters attacking me. 

-By Keelie Twigg 


No comments:

Post a Comment