Monday 31 October 2016

Confidence Is Key

Confidence is the key to life. It’s what makes you successful. When you have no confidence in yourself, you tend to overthink everything and ask yourself all these questions that nobody has the answers to. Life just doesn’t make sense when you don’t have confidence in yourself. Having no confidence is one of the worst things that could happen to you in life.  

When I don’t have confidence in myself it tends to give me anxiety, and cause me to over think everything someone says to me or about me, it also makes me feel like someone is looking or staring at me, or I feel like they may be talking about me, but in like a negative way. I seem to care way  too much about what other people have to say, and I don't know why, but I'm pretty positive that I am not the only one who thinks like that. I know everybody is going to have their own opinion and it's either going to be nice or rude, but I feel like when a person compliments me they are lying and just saying that to be nice. When a person says something rude to me or even in a jokingly way, I tend to overthink what they have said and it just gets to me.

Once in awhile I go through a little confident phase and when people compliment me or tell me how pretty I am, I think about it a lot. When I look at myself in the mirror I think to  myself,  “okay maybe I ain't that ugly and I do actually look pretty”, but then I always end up back to thinking I'm ugly and not good enough for anybody. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror I see all my flaws instantly and  think, "why do people even call me pretty?" I know every human being has flaws and only they can really point them out and see them very clearly, but that fact doesn't stop me from feeling bad about myself and I don't know why. I ask myself that all the time, and I can never seem to figure it out. Maybe it's because I am not comfortable in my own skin.

-By H

No comments:

Post a Comment